Friday, September 13, 2013

Mrs Whaley and Her Charleston Garden

Mrs. Whaley and Her Charleston GardenMrs. Whaley and Her Charleston Garden by Emily Whaley
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

It is the time of year to start planning the garden for spring in Charleston. To help inspire me this year I decided to re-read Mrs. Whaley and her Charleston Garden. Even though Mrs. Whaley passed away several years ago her legacy, passion and most importantly her enthusiasm for gardening lives on. If you are tired of the same old plants and are looking for a little change this year Mrs. Whaley will help inspire you. She gives great tips on how to trim Azaleas and how to give to create visual interest in your gardening space. Mrs. Whaley has also given me the courage to tear out the old and try something new in my outdoor space. If nothing else check out her recipe for the shrimp casserole she share with us in the book, it is amazing. I am considering placing a copy in my gardening drawer and rereading it every year when is time to plant.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment