Friday, March 15, 2013

Sing you Home by Jodi Picoult

Sing You HomeSing You Home by Jodi Picoult
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This is the first book that I read by Jodi Picoult and I would say the best book I have read this year. This was 5 star reading material but the middle to the end of the book slowed slightly for me. The courtroom trial part of the book was not my favorite. It seemed to drag on and lacked some of the creativity and suspense. I enjoyed the character of Zoe the most. Her role as a musical therapist was inspirational. I would read a follow-up novel with her character in a heartbeat. Issues of homosexuality and infertility and abortion are at the forefront of this book and the author does hide the characters opinions. Picoult also displayed enormous skill by tackling these issues without sounding cheesy or preachy. I think the character of Max could have been better developed. The outcome of Max seems a little forced at the end of the book. I fear that this book fit my emotions and beliefs just right. And therefore I may not like Picoult’s other novels but I am definitely going to try

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment