Sunday, January 1, 2012

Polar Plunge 2012

Ringing in the New Year Folly Beach Style....



There was a crowd at the starting line this much larger than in years past due to the wonderfully warm weather on New Years Day. 


We made a mad dash for the ocean because for the first time in years the temperature was pretty nice.  About 50degrees or so.


I believe the best part about this tradition is the characters that you see throughout the event.  I have never been to an event in this town where the age ranges from 5-60 and everyone is out having a good time. We met up with an old man wearing a dress and a wig and I have to admit the costume took the cake for me. 

I on the other hand was dressed as a pirate and took to the sea navigating my way to the ocean for an ice cold dip in the Atlantic. 

My wife remained dry but was a very patient and supportive photographer this year. 


We may not have been the best dressed but I have to say we had the most fun.




Hopefully the beautiful afternoon is a sign of good times to come in 2012!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment